In today’s market, it is imperative to be knowledgeable and have an edge over the competition. ACI members have it…they are engaged, informed, and stay up to date by taking advantage of benefits that ACI membership provides them.
Read more about membership
Become an ACI Member
Founded in 1904 and headquartered in Farmington Hills, Michigan, USA, the American Concrete Institute is a leading authority and resource worldwide for the development, dissemination, and adoption of its consensus-based standards, technical resources, educational programs, and proven expertise for individuals and organizations involved in concrete design, construction, and materials, who share a commitment to pursuing the best use of concrete.
ACI World Headquarters
38800 Country Club Dr.
Farmington Hills, MI
ACI Middle East Regional Office
Second Floor, Office #207
The Offices 2 Building, One Central
Dubai World Trade Center Complex
Phone: +971.4.516.3208 & 3209
ACI Resource Center
Feedback via Email
Home > Committees > Directory of Committees > A Committee Home
Committee Mission: To develop and maintain databases of shear and torsion tests on structural concrete for research and code development purposes.
Goals: 1. Update and maintain existing databases (r.c.-beams with and without stirrups under point loads, distributed loads, and combined point loads and axial force; p.c.-beams with and without stirrups; non-slender r.c.-beams with and without stirrups; lightweight concrete r.c.-beams with and without stirrups; shear-friction)
2. Establish new databases (e.g., torsion, footings, p.c.-beams with inclined tendons, lightweight concrete p.c.-beams with and without stirrups)
3. Identify other potential databases to be developed in future years
4. Identify research needs due to missing shear databases (e.g., members under combined external axial force and non-cyclic shear)
5. Standardize collection of detailed observations from tests (e.g., stiffness, crack patterns, crack widths
6. Increase international participation in database development efforts
7. Sponsor or co-sponsor technical sessions to disseminate the subcommittee work
Chair: Birol Fitik
What type of document?:
File To Upload:
Notify committee members of this posting
Please be patient.
Upload time is dependent on the speed of your connection and the size of the file being sent.
Please enter this 5 digit unlock code on the web page.