DATE: January 10, 2023
TIME: 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm EST
Continuing Education Credit: 0.1 CEU (1.0 PDH)
Approved AIA and ICC
Access Period: 30 days
CEU (PDH) REQUIREMENTS:
To earn CEU (PDH) credit, individuals must purchase the webinar and attend the live webinar for the entire duration (or pass the quiz available after the webinar).
Detailed Webinar Instructions
This presentation will discuss some of the key technical aspects of ACI CODE-562-21, Assessment, Repair, and Rehabilitation of Existing Concrete Structures, through the eyes of a practitioner not affiliated with the developing committee. Presentation topics include structural evaluation, materials testing, classification of conditions, documentation, design, materials, and quality assurance included in code provisions, with emphasis on concepts that are expected to be most impactful to new users and stakeholders. Applicability and compatibility of the standard with jurisdictional existing building codes and a summary of jurisdictional adoption in the United States will be provided. Finally, the presenter will offer opinions on the standard, potential development, adoption, and its impact on the industry and associated stakeholders.
Table of Contents
1. Summarize the current state of jurisdictional adoption of ACI 562 in the United States.
2. Recall key considerations for assessment and design for repair of existing structures.
3. Describe durability considerations, materials selection options and examples of types of concrete repairs.
4. Discuss verification procedures for repair or strengthening of an existing structure.
5. Identify benefits of the code to design professional, owner, contractor, and code official.
Printed / Hard Copy Products: The full and complete returned product will be accepted if returned within 60 days of receipt and in salable condition. A 20% service charge applies. Return shipping fees are the customer’s responsibility.
Electronic /Downloaded Products & Online Learning Courses: These items are not eligible for return.
Subscriptions These items are not eligible for return.
Exchanges: Contact ACI’s Customer Services Department for options (+1.248.848.3800 – ACICustomerService@concrete.org).