The contents of this course include two recorded presentations from the ACI 2016 Fall Convention:
• Concrete Repairs: Tasks and Responsibilities by Benjamin Lavon, GEI Consultants, Inc.; and Pericles C. Stivaros, GEI Consultants, Inc.
• Evaluation and Repair of Two RC Parking Structures by James Labelle, Computerized Structural Design; and Mahmoud Maamouri, Computerized Structural Design SC
INSTRUCTIONS: Study the materials included in this module. Then, complete and pass the corresponding 10-question quiz with a score of 80% or higher to receive a certificate for 0.1 CEU (equivalent to 1.0 PDH). This online course is not approved for credit with the Florida Construction Industry Licensing Board (CILB).
Continuing Education Credit: 0.1 CEU (1 PDH)
Approved AIA and ICC
Access Period: 30 days
Table of Contents
1. Explain the tasks and responsibilities of owner groups, licensed design professionals, and contractors on concrete evaluation, repair and renovation of deteriorated or damaged concrete structures.
2. Identify potential evaluation methods and strategies for rehabilitation of concrete structures.
3. Describe techniques to renovate and repair damaged or corroded parking deck slabs with unbonded post-tensioned tendons.
4. Recognize the engineering challenges of evaluation and repair of existing structures. Describe successful techniques to repair and renovate deterioration in prestressed precast concrete parking structure, including punching shear overstress in slabs, and spalling at deck expansion joints
Printed / Hard Copy Products: The full and complete returned product will be accepted if returned within 60 days of receipt and in salable condition. A 20% service charge applies. Return shipping fees are the customer’s responsibility.
Electronic /Downloaded Products & Online Learning Courses: These items are not eligible for return.
Exchanges: Contact ACI’s Customer Services Department for options (+1.248.848.3800 – ACICustomerService@concrete.org).