Date: October 30, 2018
Start/End Time: 8am - 5pm (1-hour lunch; two 15-minute breaks)
Location: ACI Headquarters, Farmington Hills, MI, USA
• MNL-3(16) Guide to the Code for Assessment, Repair, and Rehabilitation of Existing Concrete Buildings
• 562-16 Code Requirements for Assessment, Repair, and Rehabilitation of Existing Concrete Structures and Commentary
• Lecture notes including 11 Concrete International articles on the Evolution of the 562 Code.
For more information or to register please Click Here
Cancelation Policy: $75 fee if canceled within 7 days of the seminar
In 2016, the American Concrete Institute published a new ACI 562 code on assessing, repairing, and rehabilitating existing concrete structures. It is the first U.S. code produced specifically for the repair of existing reinforced concrete structures. This performance-based code offers flexibility in the design and produces consistency in the repair industry.
Topics covered in this presentation include:
• Philosophy behind ACI 562
• Need for a repair code
• Major types of cracks in concrete
• Consistent repair design
• Repair construction challenges
• Significance of a quality assurance program for a successful repair
• Benefits for the owner
• Examples throughout the presentation to highlight the major issues
• A real-life repair example to demonstrate the overall use of the repair code
A new guide document for the code with additional information and project examples that help users interpret the code requirements will also be highlighted.
Table of Contents
1. Learn about the new ACI 562M repair code
2. Understand how to use ACI 562M
3. Learn what is design-basis code
4. Understand the different load combinations and reduction factors in ACI 562M
Any applicable errata are included with individual documents at the time of purchase. Errata are not included for collections or sets of documents such as the ACI Collection. For a listing of and access to all product errata, visit the
Printed / Hard Copy Products: The full and complete returned product will be accepted if returned within 60 days of receipt and in salable condition. A 20% service charge applies. Return shipping fees are the customer’s responsibility.
Electronic /Downloaded Products & Online Learning Courses: These items are not eligible for return.
Subscriptions These items are not eligible for return.
Exchanges: Contact ACI’s Customer Services Department for options (+1.248.848.3800 – ACICustomerService@concrete.org).