Title: The Manfacture and Use of Cement Drain Tile
Author(s): Charles E. Sims
Publication: Journal Proceedings
Appears on pages(s): 727-731
The manufacture of cement drain tile as a commercial proposition began in 1905 when the first power driven machine was set up in a factory in Graettinger, Iowa. Tile had been made for many years previous to this by tamping damp concrete or by pouring a very wet mixture into molds, and tile have been found which were put into the ground at Farmer City, Ill., in 1872; at Ames, Iowa in 1892; and in many other places of later date.