All sessions & events are included in convention registration.
Change the Time Zone by selecting from the list below:
Architects' Day Session, Part 2 of 2
Tuesday, October 19, 2021 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Our over-arching theme is “The Evolution of Concrete” where we will discuss sustainability, labor trends, and admixture/reinforcement, design and how they overlap and impact each other.
(1) Report on the technology, science, and artistry of concrete stain;
(2) Discuss the advantages of using concrete and masonry stain in conjunction with formliners to realistically simulate traditional building materials;
(3) Identify the types of formliners and what is acceptable for different types of projects;
(4) Review the sustainability and costs of formliners.
This session has been approved by AIA and ICC for 2 PDHs (0.2 CEUs). Please note: You must attend the live session for the entire duration to receive credit. On-demand sessions do not qualify for PDH/CEU credit.
Color Solutions for Concrete
Presented By: Dan McBride
Description: The technology, science, and artistry of concrete Stain.
The Use and Advantages of Formliners as a Replacement for More Traditional Building Materials and Best Practices
Presented By: Layne Chastain
Affiliation: US Formliner
Description: This 45-minute presentation covers the use and advantages of formliners as a replacement for more traditional building materials, as well as current practices, and photographs of recent projects. Among the topics covered are the following:
• Types of formliners and the projects for which each type is best suited.
• The advantages of using concrete and masonry stain in conjunction with formliners to realistically simulate traditional building materials.
• Use of formliners for outside and inside projects.
• Sustainability of formliners
• Cost advantages of using formliners.