A certified Post-Installed Concrete Anchor Installation Inspector* is an individual who has demonstrated the knowledge required to properly inspect the installation of post-installed adhesive and mechanical anchors in concrete. The Inspector must understand the responsibilities and qualification requirements of the Installer, inspection requirements as cited in the documents governing the construction of the project, and the process governing the qualification of anchor systems.
*This expanded program includes and covers all of the Adhesive Anchor Installation Inspector program materials; certification candidates are now directed to this program for concrete anchor inspection certification.
ACI will grant certification only to those applicants who attain passing grades on the ACI written examinations and attend an adhesive anchor installation practice session, which must include the vertical down and vertical up installations utilizing both system types (retaining cap and piston plug). These sessions are available through ACI Certification Sponsoring Groups.
The forty-five-minute installation examination is closed-book and consists of approximately 45 multiple-choice questions. To pass the installation examination the examinee must attain a minimum score of 74%.
The two-hour inspection examination is open-book and consists of approximately 90 multiple-choice questions. To pass the installation examination the examinee must attain a minimum score of 60% on each subsection, and an overall score of 70%.
Go to the ACI Bookstore on this website to order and/or obtain current pricing on any items listed below:
Revised CP-81PACK: Post-Installed Concrete Anchor Installation Inspector Reference Package
This package contains all of the resource materials needed to properly prepare for and take the examinations for certification as an ACI Post-Installed Concrete Anchor Installation Inspector. The reference package contains:
- ACI Adhesive Anchor Installer Workbook – CP-80 (inclusive of training video)
- ACI 318-14 Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete – Chapters 17 and 26
- ICC International Building Code 2015 – Chapter 17, Special Inspections and Tests
- ACI 355.4 Qualification of Post-Installed Adhesive Anchors in Concrete – Chapters 1-3 and 10-13
- ACI 355.2 Qualification of Post-Installed Mechanical Anchors in Concrete and Commentary – Chapters 1-3, 6, and R1-R4
- ICC-ES ESR-2583 PE1000+, Epoxy Adhesive Anchor System in Crack and Uncracked Concrete
- ICC-ES ESR-2502 Power-Stud®+ SD2 Carbon Steel Anchors, Power-Stud®+ SD4 Stainless Steel Anchors
- Special Inspection Guidelines for Post-Installed Anchors, Developed for the Concrete and Masonry Anchor Manufacturers Association (CAMA) by Lee Mattis, P.E. Revised June 6, 2011 by John Silva, S.E & Lee Mattis, P.E.
- Adhesive Anchor Installation and Inspection, Wollmershauser & Mattis, Concrete International, December, 2008
- Inspecting Adhesive Anchors, Mattis & Silva, Concrete International, June, 2017