A certified Adhesive Anchor Installation Inspector is an individual who has demonstrated the knowledge required to properly inspect the installation of adhesive anchors in concrete. The Inspector must understand the responsibilities and qualification requirements of the Installer, inspection requirements as cited in the documents governing the construction of the project, and the process governing the qualification of anchor systems.
Scope and Knowledge:
This program requires demonstration of the knowledge covered on the Job Task Analysis (JTA) for Adhesive Anchor Installation Inspector:
Job Task Analysis (JTA) for ACI Adhesive Anchor Installation Inspector Certification
The JTA is a detailed list of specific points of knowledge that may be included in the examinations for this ACI Certification program. ACI urges candidates to use the JTA to prepare for the certification exams.
ACI will grant certification only to those applicants who attain passing grades on the ACI written examinations.
Attend an adhesive anchor installation practice session, which must include the vertical down, and vertical up installations utilizing both system types (retaining cap and piston plug). These sessions are available through ACI Certification Sponsoring Groups.
The forty-five-minute installation examination is closed-book and consists of approximately 45 multiple-choice questions. To pass the installation examination the examinee must attain a minimum score of 74%.
The seventy-five-minute inspection examination is open-book and consists of approximately 55 multiple choice questions. To pass the installation examination the examinee must attain a minimum score of 70%.
Go to the ACI Bookstore on this website to order and/or obtain current pricing on any items listed below:
CP-81 PACK: Adhesive Anchor Installation Inspector Reference Package
This package contains all of the resource materials needed to properly prepare for and take the examinations for certification as an ACI Adhesive Anchor Installation Inspector. The reference package contains:
- ACI Adhesive Anchor Installer Workbook – CP-80 (inclusive of training video)
- ACI 318-14 Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete – Chapters 17 and 26
- ACI 355.4 Qualification of Post-Installed Adhesive Anchors in Concrete – Chapters 1, 2, 3, and 13
- 2015 International Building Code – Chapter 17, Special Inspections and Tests
- Special Inspection Guidelines for Post-Installed Anchors, Developed for the Concrete and Masonry Anchor Manufacturers Association (CAMA) by Lee Mattis, P.E. Revised June 6, 2011 by John Silva, S.E & Lee Mattis, P.E.
- POWERS - ICC ESR 2583 for their 1000+ product (included as an example for the ICC-ES report section)
- Adhesive Anchor Installation and Inspection, Wollmershauser & Mattis, Concrete International, December, 2008
- Inspecting Adhesive Anchors, Mattis & Silva, Concrete International,