ACI Knowledge Center
- Terms and Conditions of Use
PLEASE READ AND ACCEPT THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE ACI KNOWLEDGE CENTER SITE.
1. Acceptance of Terms and Conditions of Use. By using the ACI Knowledge Center Site, you signify that you unconditionally assent to these ACI Knowledge Center - Terms and Conditions of Use ("Terms and Conditions"). Throughout the Terms and Conditions, the term "use" shall include any and all access or viewing of any information or part of the ACI Knowledge Center Site. ACI Knowledge Center maintains the ACI Knowledge Center Site and the Content solely for the lawful use of the bona fide members of the American Concrete Institute (ACI), or ACI Knowledge Center subscribers, and/or visitors to the ACI website, in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
2. The Content. For purposes of these Terms and Conditions the term "Content" includes all information, communications, software, scripting, photos, text, video, graphics, music, sounds, images and other materials and services which are found on or used by the ACI Knowledge Center Site, whether or not they are visible to you as you use the ACI Knowledge Center Site. You hereby acknowledge that (i) a substantial portion of the Content available on the ACI Knowledge Center Site is highly technical in its nature and substance and that the proper use and interpretation of such Content will require a significant level of base knowledge, training and expertise on the part of the user and (ii) you will not authorize or permit the use of the Content by persons or entities which do not possess the required levels of knowledge, training and expertise.
3. Third Party Content. You hereby acknowledge that a portion of the Content ("Third Party Content") available on the ACI Knowledge Center Site has been or will be created and developed by third party content providers ("Third Party Content Providers") which are unrelated to and outside the control of ACI. You agree that while ACI may review Third Party Content as to the appropriateness of the subject matter prior to authorizing its placement on the ACI Knowledge Center Site, ACI has not undertaken (or will be undertaking) any substantive review or analysis of the Third Party Content as to its accuracy, safety, or usefulness and therefore, ACI shall not be responsible for the information, materials or other components of the Third Party Content and ACI make no representations or warranties of any kind or nature regarding the Third Party Content.
4. Limited License and Site Access. ACI grants you a limited, revocable and nonexclusive license to access the Content. This license does not include any resale or commercial use of the ACI Knowledge Center Site or the Content. The ACI Knowledge Center Site or any portion thereof may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold or otherwise exploited for any purpose (including non-commercial purposes) without the express written consent of ACI.
5. Intellectual Property Rights. ACI owns the ACI Knowledge Center Site and the Content or is licensed by ACI or the Third Party Content Providers to use the Content not directly owned by ACI in conjunction with the ACI Knowledge Center Site. ACI expressly retains all intellectual property and other proprietary rights in the ACI Knowledge Center Site and the Content, including but not limited to all rights protected under trademark and copyright laws, whether or not an application or registration for the trademark or copyright has been filed.
6. Links to Other Sites. The ACI Knowledge Center Site contains hyperlinks to websites maintained by others. Such links are provided solely as a convenience and a reference for users of the ACI Knowledge Center Site. ACI does not endorse any such other site or its content, nor does ACI certify the accuracy, safety, or usefulness of content found on any such other site.
7. Termination. Your ability to use this ACI Knowledge Center Site and to access the Content is provided by ACI solely as a convenience. As a result, ACI reserves the right to terminate your ability to use the ACI Knowledge Center Site and to access the Content, and to remove or alter the ACI Knowledge Center Site and the Content at any time.
8. Disclaimers. ACI MAKES NO REPRESENTATION ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR THE SUITABILITY OF THE CONTENT OF THE ACI KNOWLEDGE CENTER SITE FOR ANY PURPOSE. ALL CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. ACI AND THE THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE ACI KNOWLEDGE CENTER SITE AND/OR THE CONTENT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, IN ADDITION TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF ANY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHT. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE ACI KNOWLEDGE CENTER SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
9. Limitation of Liabilities and Exclusion of Damages. IN NO EVENT SHALL ACI OR THE THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE USER'S USE OF THE ACI KNOWLEDGE CENTER SITE OR THE CONTENT, OR CONNECTED WITH ANY CHANGE TO THE CONTENT OR WITH ANY DELAY OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE THE ACI KNOWLEDGE CENTER SITE OR THE CONTENT, WITHOUT REGARD TO WHETHER ANY SUCH CLAIM MAY BE GROUNDED IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY IN TORT OR ANY OTHER THEORY.
10. Changes and Modifications. ACI reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change these Terms and Conditions.
I have read the foregoing and I agree to abide by and be bound by these Terms and Conditions